Lack of moisture can force a skin to look duller and without any zest in it. A good skin is the one that glows all the time and looks healthy because of being hydrated. If the skin is dry, there are strong chances that the wrinkles would appear earlier than usual. Of course, a wrinkled and rough skin makes the person look aged and no one wants it that's for sure. Some fungal infections are also caused because of dry skin because of the microbes present in the cracks. It is, therefore, important that dry skin treatment must be done in order to help the moisture level come back to normal and for making your skin look smooth and soft.
The skin is usually smooth owing to the oily glands within it. If these glands are unable to provide adequate amount of oil to the skin, it forces the skin to look dry and dull. Without the lubrication, the skin looks pale and wrinkled. Genetic factors may play their role in the dryness of skin and it may also be because of nutritional deficiencies. If the skin is over-exposed to chlorinated water or chemicals present in soaps and shampoos, the chances are bright that your skin may not stay healthy for a long time. As a person grows old, the skin itself shows signs of aging but they are worsened in some cases.
If one follows Ayurveda then the following tips can be used to get rid of dryness in the skin.
1. Always use cold water to cleanse the skin.
2. Use cotton cloth to pat dry the skin. Avoid rubbing the skin with rough clothes.
3. Some sprayers are available to moisten the skin. Use them. Also try using mineral water more often than the regular tap water.
4. Quit using harsh and rough chemicals on your skin. Be it soaps or shampoos, they remove oil out of the skin so they should better not be used.
5. Make use of moisturizers and massage with it as often as you can. Moisturizers work wonders for the upper layer of the skin and help it become smoother and soft.
6. Herbal oils are also effective in softening the skin, so one can use herbal oils to massage the skin as well.
7. While bathing, apply a bit of coconut oil on your body and pat it dry.
8. There are a lot of alcoholic cleaners available in the market. It would be best if you do not use them. It can worsen the condition.
9. Natural diet is perhaps the best way to fight against dry and patchy skin. Always eat a balanced diet and try not to skip meals.